JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Spending time in nature spirit @ Jacobson native art

 



Good afternoon to each and everyone. The seasons are changing once again as we enter into the beauty of another cycle of life existence. I am honoured and grateful for the connection to Mother nature out here deep in the Kootenay mountains. The vastness is just incredible and awe inspiring. I love to go adventure out deep in these mountains. There is so much to discover, see and experience. 

During many of my journeys out here I happened one day to come across this little cabin. It is a ski cabin deep in the mountains here. It is open to public access but I have to admit, it’s really hard to find. I have come here throughout my seasons to come up and paint here. It has a lovely little wood stove as well. 

It has a fire pit too for cooking and enjoying the benefits of eating supper right out here. I bring my kindling and a few split logs as well to keep things running warm up here. The perspectives of viewing the mountainous surroundings are outstanding. I have a small table and a couple chairs and I’m ready to go. 

I also would like to add that I’m a big fan of the “Artists way”. It is a wonderful companion to my creative energy and artistic process. It has numerous weekly tasks to do including a process called “morning pages”. I use this book and the information involved as one of my tools for maintaining my creative path. 

The quietness and stillness of mind is for me, a very integral part of creating my art. It sets the stage for the energy and imagery to come together. I hardly ever rework a design. Once it comes it comes out right, the first time. That is the beauty of creative self maintenance. It is important to take out the time for this as an artist. To restock the creative well. To feed our soul new energies, new experiences and new visions. 

Any how, I thought it would be fantastic to share some of these experiences and lengths I go to make art. The artistic process is just as much important as the art itself. These experiences help to foster greater growth and discovery. I love being an artist. I love connecting to the wisdom of our Mother Earth. Once again it is a great energy and experience to share some of these teachings and processes with all of you who come to visit. Wishing you all a great new awareness for the spring equinox of 2021. All my relations....MAJ