JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Friday, July 2, 2021

What decolonization looks like @ Jacobson native art


 Well, ever since the unfoldment of these discoveries regarding our children being murdered by Canada, the church and residential schools and other genocidal policies and actions towards us First Nations, it hasn’t been an easy process to navigate. My prayers of love and healing go out for the Ktunaxa nation with the recent discovery of those precious 182 souls. 

I’ve been feeling so betrayed by the lies of Canada. These are active crimes scenes we are all witnessing. Evidence of genocide and of crimes against humanity. As a First Nations soul I have to say that these are definitely the ugliest truths I’ve seen to date about how Canada and their agents of death, the Catholic Church etc have been trying to cover up their crimes for decades, for generations now.

An apology will not cut it. Sorry is not enough. Thoughts and prayers are not enough. Memorials are not enough. These criminals need to be held accountable. They talk about how they are a nation of laws? Well how about trying to follow them your own god damn selves. Disgusting is an understatement. Embarrassing a distant and far off wish. 

The hollow words of a nation unwilling to mourn and truly adjust their crimes of the past by surrendering your violence and control of us indigenous to our lands is a continuous unforgivable sin. How can anyone in their right minds expect truth and reconciliation in that? That has been the whole problem. Control. 

First off, fuck the idea of crown land. It’s bullshit. Read your history about the doctrine of discovery etc and then come to learn of the thousands of policies and laws created by the abuser and colonizer in Canada and you’ll come to understand why identifying as a Canadian is a real problem for so many of us, including myself. 

We are and always will remain a peaceful people. Canada only exists because of violence and control. It is a great liar and abuser of power. It’s ugly to me, really fuckin ugly. So yes, I’m not the type to wave the flag or celebrate Canada day. I dont celebrate any of the colonizers holidays. Not Christmas, not Halloween, not Easter, not any of that shit. It’s all lies any how. Jesus birthday wasn’t on dec. 25th...lol. Do your research and you’ll discover that as well. 

To me, all those holidays and such are really a combination of stolen themes and rituals from other nations. It’s a mixed bag of mumbo jumbo bullshit. Filled with heart break, expectations and resentments and such for not getting what you want. It’s kinda super weird if you put it all together and realize what a complete waste of time it all is. 

Every day is a day to celebrate family, friends and loved ones. There are dozens of beautiful and powerful real ceremonies that offer true connection and sincerity that are authentic practices of spirituality and these types of mystic gatherings. Keep it real and authentic. It’s missing in the world. I am a sovereign Anishanabe soul. I lead me. No one else does or speaks for me either. I represent myself and my cultural ties and teachings. 

I am a sacred creation who is authorized and empowered to represent my relationship to our Creator and creation, to Mother Earth and to each other. I am Anishanabe. I am the Living hope that my ancestors blessed me to be...I am Rainbow Thunderbird. All my relations....MAJ