JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Canadian art galleries and dealers who are “permanently black listed” @ Jacobson native art


Wishing all my friends and collectors and those of you who are new in discovering my art, a beautiful morning. I have been reflecting on my various experiences in the Canadian art world the last couple of days and I feel like it’s time to set the record straight on my dealings with many of these Canadian/colonial institutions. 

The levels of Colonialism, discrimination, racism, prejudice, class distinction, lies and deceptions and out right fraud is absolutely fuckin unbelievable. I’ve been in this business for over 35 years now. I’ve seen it all across these stolen lands. It’s despicable how many of these operations treat us First Nations. The greed, ego and outright selfishness is some of the ugliest shit I’ve seen from many of these galleries I’m going to list. 

This list is to educate my buyers and collectors on the pitfalls of dealing with these very galleries who in one form or another as labelled, have qualified to be permanently blacklisted. These are my honest and accurate accounts and experiences. Let’s get into the details:

#1: National gallery of Canada - Colonial institution founded on racism and genocide (I simply don’t give a shit about the national gallery)

#2: Kinsmen Robinson gallery - Scumbag pathetic liars who sold fake Morrisseau’s (Paul Robinson is a complete douche bag)

#3: Bearclaw gallery - sold fake Morrisseau’s, liars and cheating scumbags

#4: Eagle spirit gallery - Owner Rob Scott is a 2 bit hustler scumbag (sells fake Morrisseau’s)

#5: Donnachild fine art - sold fake Morrisseau’s, lied to many unsuspecting buyers, art fraud 

#6: Koyman galleries - sell fake Morrisseau’s (deceiving art buying public)

#7: Raven art Canada - Betrayed and sold out by owner John Zemanovich and wife

#8: Friends united - One 0f the worst experiences Ive ever had selling art to a client

#9: Norval Morrisseau estate - gross negligence, untrustworthy, very cold unstable energy

#10: Red kettle collectables - selling various waves of Norval Morrisseau fakes

#11: Black sheep gallery - sell fake Morrisseau’s with some real Morrisseau’s 

#12: Brights gallery - owner peter was warned about his fake Morrisseau’s, he continues to sell them right up to this very day

#13: Jim White distribution - one of the biggest distributors of fake Morrisseau’s, fake prints of fakes, major copyright Infringement, out right art fraud

#14: Bremner & Bremner fine art - currently sell fake Morrisseau’s 

#15: Ugo Matulic - fake Morrisseau art collector and dealer, a lying scumbag, a total piece of shit

#16: Several Canadian Museums and institutions - currently in possession of stolen property and cultural artifacts. Colonial framework still operational in this, the 21st century. It’s absolutely disturbing. Please do the right thing and give back our cultural property and wealth, thank you. 

So, there you have it at this point. Clearly I have had my issues with these various false entities who pretend that they represent the truth. Clearly, they do not. It takes a serious grievance and a series of let downs that are marked in deceptions, lies, selfishness and wronging me with disrespect that will finally break the camels back. Those who truly know me know that I have a very big heart. I’m willing to go to bat for many many different types of people out there. But if you fuck around? Guess what? You’ll find out...you won’t be around me, no more. My inner circle is vitally important to me. Sometimes thats what it takes to take care of yourself and your environment. 

All my relations, MAJ