JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Monday, September 20, 2021

Healing the souls of our children @ Jacobson native art

 Painting in progress...

Title of tripdych: Healing the souls of our children, Size of each canvas: 30 x 48 inches (total of 90 x 48 inches) 2021



Good evening to each and everyone and I wanted to send a big shout out to all of you who continue to share in the healing and support of the discoveries of our residential school children. This energy has been a heavy one for many across this country and around the world. The challenges are difficult and the emotional terrain not so easy to navigate. 

 The spiritual reality of this has had and continues to have a very deep and profound effect on me. I am a direct product of the genocide and abuses of residential schools and what Canada has tried to do in wiping out my family bloodlines as Anishanabe. I am a 60’s scoop survivor. I truly represent the seeds they couldn’t destroy. 

I am alive and I have a son who is also a seed they cannot destroy. We are the true spirit and life of the Anishanabe. We are stronger than ever and we will overcome. It is our destiny. We are masters at living in 2 worlds at the same time. It makes us very powerful. We will continue to thrive and move forward with a steadfast spirit honouring our ancestors, our children and ourselves.

I’m currently working on several paintings here in the studio. I am working on the above mentioned tripdych set titled: Healing the souls of our children. It has been very challenging to find the light of inspiration in such a dark energy with regard to the murder of our children. But this painting needs to happen. I must find their love, light and power and share this with the world. 

Their spirits are guiding me in this piece. It has been one of the hardest paintings I’ve ever had to make. To find this painting in a sea of darkness...that’s exactly how it has been. I will continue to find a way within to accomplish this feat...to honour them, the souls of our children for all generations...past, present and future. All my relations, MAJ