JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Monday, November 8, 2021

The centre of my Universe @ Jacobson native art


 Good afternoon to each and everyone. Wishing you all blessings in the highest good. I wanted to share some of the profound magic and spiritual energies between my son Sagein Wisdom and I. He has a deep fascination with our cultural ways and practices. My little chief as I call him. He is such an inspiration to me. Such a strong character and curiosity at 3 and a half years old. 

This is a photo of him running the smudging ceremony at the studio and with the eagle feather he is blessing me with the sacred medicines. He has a natural way about himself with these regards. He instinctively knows how to use these tools in a gentle and loving way. He makes me so super proud. He really is the most profound and life changing soul I have ever met in my entire life. Nobody even comes close. 

My journeys in life have been plenty. I’ve been to hundreds of sweatlodge ceremonies. I’ve sponsored several peyote meetings as well. I have learned many different prayer songs and ways to communicate with the spirit. My culture has been the foundation for me to heal from these active crime scenes of genocide upon my people across these stolen lands being occupied by the abuser in Canada. The deadly cause and effects of colonialism have been a major unwanted thorn in our sides. The time for real change is upon us. 

We are survivors of genocide, but we are also some of the most beautiful souls on this planet. We live in 2 worlds at the same time. Our new found heritage and the cultural strength and power that that represents, and the evil and wicked regime of this sick and twisted colonial occupation. So it is here, in this reality that I aim to father my son with the very best of who I am, each and every day. He deserves it and so do I. After all the shit Ive had to live through and overcome I am so much better prepared than my parents ever were. I have slain many dragons and have broken multi generational cycles. I am a change agent and have created my whole life out of defeating the odds. Those who really know me know this to be fact.

And that is where this all matters. It’s for him, my boy. To have a much deeper and better experience moving forward one day at a time. He will reap the benefits of my experience. He will know what I know in these regards. He is willing to learn and to bring more light to the human being experience. And for that, my heart sings...for him, my little chief, my warrior’s prayer living the most beautiful and enlightened life that I can give him. My dream come true...my Sagein Wisdom...

All my relations, MAJ

Enjoy this prayer song by Louie Gonnie. A master in ceremonies of the peyote way...