JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Finished another piece. Look, the reality is this: Mastering Morrisseau was easy. Mastering me? Good luck

 

Title of painting: Honouring the sacred. Size: 24 x 36 inches. 

Good evening folks and I’m feeling a ton of gratitude and happiness. The gallery is moving along nicely and my spirit is feeling strong and super confident about the direction my life is going in. I will continue to move beyond Morrisseau and his legacy as that is permanently tainted with the truth coming forward regarding his historic sexual abuse. It truly separates me from that on a permanent scale. 

I can never look at his art and legacy in the same light ever again. The delusion has been smashed. Forever. In my view there are much greater artists in our woodland school of art than Morrisseau. Carl Ray, Roy Thomas, Saul Williams to name just a few, myself included. People tell me this all the time that I’m a much more superior artist. 

My technique, my line work, my detailing and inlay designs are far superior. It’s just the truth. It’s the way it is because the art doesn’t lie. I prefer hanging Jacobsons in my home than any Morrisseau any day of the week. This is the reality for me and I might also add, many collectors as well. My style and spirit is a better feel. I also believe that to be true. 

Any how, there is much more to come regarding the exposure of these facts. This reality has completely changed my views and I look forward to disclosing this powerful and life changing story with the world....

More to come, MAJ

Enjoy this track by XX and young Turks in: a violent noise