JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Found myself chasing rainbows in the sun!




A beautiful ride today in these spectacular mountains. I am feeling blessed and happy about life these days. I’m so grateful for my lifestyle and the connection I have to the spirit of our Mother Earth. I love exploring the majesty of nature spirit and the animal life upon her. I come across grizzlies, brown bears, black bears, a couple cougars now, eagles, hawks, deer, elk and all sorts of bird species throughout here. 


I recently put out another “spirit feast” for this next yearly cycle of life existence. I go out to these mountains and bring medicines, tobacco offerings, spirit food and I sing to the spirit of Mother Earth. I offer these blessings to the ancestors and give thanks to the Creator. I think of those in our world that are struggling and that are suffering and I think and pray for them and their loved ones. It is good medicine to do so. 


Others have done this for me and it is a responsibility to carry on these teachings. My family is strong with regard to our cultural ways. I am blessed in this manner and feel honoured with such good teachers in my family bloodline. Being Anishanabe is so beautiful. I am proud of who I am and proud of my heritage. It is a profound experience to be so connected to who I am. Decolonization is a reality that seemed so far out of reach until I took action to change the path. I am a sovereign. My sovereignty as Anishanabe is perhaps the greatest truth I’ve ever known...it’s like finding your wings. 


All my relations...MAJ