JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Monday, September 14, 2020

Jacobson art studio open to the public







 I have been busy during this covid-19 thinking on how to offer my knowledge and experience of the art world to the public. I believe I’ve come up with a fantastic solution. I’ll be opening up my art studio and practice as an artist to the public to share in the teachings of my culture and this art form. I’m excited to finally be in a place where I feel I’m ready and in a good place to do so. 


After the Norval Morrisseau art fraud fiasco and unravelling a ton of sickness and garbage from both sides of the coin, meaning the good guys and the bad guys involved, it got to be too heartbreaking. I focused on our son and on living a new life out here in the Kootenay’s. The change has been divine to say the least. 


I also learned a valuable lesson in the Canadian art scene. During this entire covid-19 experience, not one of these Canadian art galleries even called or asked how I was doing, on how my son is and such. Absolutely nothing. It’s really empty and cold in my view now. I made many of these galleries and dealers  10’s of thousands of dollars and not a peep. I came to conclude that in the era of truth and reconciliation, in a time where decolonization is the new light for us and my people the great Anishanabe, there was zero efforts by any of these so-called art dealers. 


It’s quite embarrassing and disappointing if you ask me. Not for me, but for them. That their hearts are that way. It was just pathetic and thus I came to a place where I’ve decided to move on. This has now empowered me and my brand to what is the next level for me. Ive also got some exciting new activity shaping up in Europe so, the time for international connections and such is most definitely upon me. 


Who needs the heartache and constant let down from such dubious characters anyhow. With me at the helm, being fully responsible for everything I’m doing, it feels way more exciting. No reliance on outside sources trying to make a quick buck on my back. I make the decisions and shall reap the benefits of my success and hard work. Especially for my son, Sagein. My real boss and the one I work For now...


Also, this studio doesn’t need to be advertised. You have to find me out here. Customers and collectors will have to make the efforts to reach out and find out where I’m at and how to view and purchase the new art. With my new energy manifesting in Europe, the new open studio being available to the world public out here, I feel that I’m unstoppable. I am...


All my relations....MAJ