JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Continuing to set the record straight @ Jacobson native art


Title of painting: Sacred prayers for our Mother Earth, 30 x 40 inches

Good evening to all of you who have found and continue to find me here at my new site. I am grateful for the ability to continue to move forward with regard to setting the record straight around the what, where, why, when, who and how of the current realities in our woodland school of art. There really isn’t anyone out there who is monitoring the situation with regard to the integrity of our art. 

When I began my journey of investigating the size and scope of the Morrisseau art fraud, I didn’t realize just how far I would have to go in digging for the truth. I spent hours and hours and hours researching hundreds and hundreds of artists throughout the woodland school. I studied various suspects and their own styles, inlay work, detailing and colour choices and black outline abilities. 

It was pertinent to get a profound grasp of the mechanics as I had to find those blueprints in the fakes. I think I’m one of the best in the entire world at it. I don’t think there is anyone out there who knows the school as well as I do. I carry the torch now. It’s just the way it is. I am a guardian for our art form. I didn’t choose this but over time, it happened. It became apparent that there was no one on my level about it. 

So I assume that I was appointed by the research, experience and knowledge along with Norval Morrisseau himself instructing me to please help him. I think I have and have done more than my fair share of putting myself out there in defence of the truth, of the authenticity of Norval Morrisseau’s art and legacy. 

Someone has to do it. To shine the light into the whole thing. That is my ability, that is my power. It has and continues to be an honor and privilege for me to do so. The amount of darkness and deceptions around the estate and legacy of Morrisseau is horrendous to say the least. I will continue to warrior up for my people the great and magnificent Anishanabe. We are the true legacy of these lands. We are the original people. We are the seeds they couldn’t destroy....all my relations....MAJ