JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Fuck you Canada and fuck this Norval Morrisseau art fraud police investigation...

I’m not in a happy and loving place these days. I can rest my blame on Canada and their brutal murdering spree of destroying generations of lives with the discovery and recovery of our residential school children. I fuckin hate Canada. I despise the Catholic Church. I fuckin hate what you did to us, what your doing to me with these retraumatizing experiences that I feel each and every day. It’s a fuckin miracle that I haven’t picked up a drink. (Been 23 years now) I feel like destroying myself. But some how, some way, I must find a way through this. 

This Norval Morrisseau police investigation has been nothing but a continual let down of trust, patience, justice and truth. The old concepts of “to serve and protect” is a total fucking lie. All that really matters to these cops is their pay cheque. To follow orders as outlined in the Canadian colonial playbook. They have offered nothing in regards to support, updating information or courtesy contact. 

They don’t understand the real significance of this investigation and protection of our culture. How could they? They’re all white cops. What their concerned about is upholding their ass backwards colonial rule of law and receiving that pay cheque every 2 weeks on stolen Indian land albeit. The whole thing is one big gigantic shit show. I don’t have much faith in any of this. The people around Morrisseau especially. Mostly all concerned about the money part of this rather than anything truly resembling truth and reconciliation or the real protection of the authenticity of my culture.

Many Indians around this whole fiasco are to blame as well. Morrisseau’s own children and family. Vampires in reality feasting on the legacy after death by bastardizing the whole thing with selling fakes, making fakes and total prostitution of the copyrights. Absolutely disgusting and a national shame for First Nations and Canadians alike. And fuck them too. I feel no pity for that whatsoever. What a disgrace. 

After 17 + years regarding this investigation, I have little faith that the police investigation will make a significant impact. Sure they’ll nail most of the “black drybrush” fakes, (that’s because we’ve done most of the work) but I’m very suspicious of any real efforts with regard to the 10 plus waves of fake Morrisseau’s out there. And the current reality of the Norval Morrisseau estate?

A complete fucking joke. 

Sincerely,

MAJ