JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Refining my brand and artistic legacy in the 21st Century @ Jacobson native art

 

Pictured above: The new paddle board with Sea Gods, White rock BC

Good evening to each and everyone and I wanted to send out a heartfelt thank you for all the love, kindness and support these days. I appreciate it very much and through this site and my Facebook native arts group the response has been incredibly warm and supportive. So chi-meegwetch for that. Lately I’ve been re-examining my marketing approach and have opened up some new doors as the direct result. 

Because of ebay, most auction websites, Kijiji, Walmart, the Hudson’s Bay and the like are peppered with fake Morrisseau’s and poor quality reproductions, fake prints of fake paintings it is quite overwhelming the amount of garbage that is out there. Not only is that the fault of barbarians like jim white publishing and the filth surrounded around the Morrisseau family foundation, Kinsmen Robinson gallery and the negligence of the Norval Morrisseau estate, many others have gotten involved with selling this cheap shit to the average consumer. 

It’s embarrassing that this fraud continues to multiply, the lies and deceptions are hurting consumers while everyone waits for some results regarding this national police investigation being headed by the OPP. The amount of loss that many First Nations artists have suffered because we are forced to compete in this market is atrocious. Gross negligence by Canada in every way you can think of. I’ve watched it all go down for the last 2 decades. It’s pathetic and depressing. 

So, here at Jacobson native art, we are moving in some fresh and new directions. We have decided to work with a couple different platforms where our quality can be appreciated and where we don’t have to contend with fake prints of Norval Morrisseau on eBay for $39.99. What a joke. More over it’s absolutely disgusting really. Most days I’m just getting pretty sick and tired of anything Morrisseau. The toll of dealing with this art fraud for over 17 years now has become quite numbing. 

The amount of garbage out there is staggering so getting proactive about our new direction has put in some fresh hope and courage concerning what I offer and bring to the table. Unlike Morrisseau, my level and quality matters a great deal to me. Not only with my originals but also with the quality of my prints and publishing decisions. 

We have chosen to go with poshmark and Etsy with regard to providing a playful and fun platform for those seeking limited editions on stretched gallery canvas. All prints come signed, titled and numbered and are directly sourced from my art studio. Everything released from the studio is released to the public in mint condition. Flawless. Perfect. We only choose the highest quality and best products to represent Mark Anthony Jacobson native art.
 

I feel very excited and happy about protecting the integrity of my art and legacy. After everything I have learned around Morrisseau it is imperative that a successful artist does everything they can while they are alive to steer this ship in the right direction. I have also decided to enter the world of NFT’s and I’m thankful to my friend, collector and new brother Chad in Toronto for encouraging me to enter this new realm. I don't know much about this digital world but I’m willing to dip my toe in the waters to find out what this potentially may lead to. I am interested to scope out these new worlds online. 

For now I’ll leave some links at the bottom of this article here and you can check them out and I sure hope you enjoy the new products and services that we are offering. I take great pride in trying to do my best on every single canvas and this reflects that pride in the quality of products and decisions I make regarding my art. With great respect...all my relations, MAJ

LINK 1: Poshmark- https://poshmark.ca/closet/kassondra_

LINK 2: Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/OriginalJacobsonArt

LINK 3: Open sea - https://opensea.io/MarkAnthonyJacobsonART