JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Jacobson art deep in the mountains

 


I absolutely love riding my quad in these spectacular mountain ranges called the Kootenay’s. I left Vancouver in 2017 because of the birth of my son, Sagein Wisdom. I spent 17 years living in Vancouver. Before that I also cut my teeth as an artist in Toronto Ontario for about 8 years. I left there in 2003 and have never looked back. 

Obviously it was necessary to leave the big cities because I felt that my boy would flourish well living so close to nature spirit and indeed this has proven to be the case. I too have felt the immense changes and power of this move. My work is definitely way more connected to the spirit of our Mother Earth. We literally live on a mountain so, it’s incredibly powerful and moving for anyone let alone us artists. 

Life these days is truly fantastic. I love living out here and the access I have to nature spirit has been the most profound connection I’ve ever had in my life. It is influencing me and the artworks in a dramatic fashion. The language of Mother Earth runs deep. I know this language intimately and I encourage anyone  when the opportunity knocks to connect with nature spirit, do it. When she invites you in, embrace her power, her wisdom. 

All my relations....MAJ