JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Dealing with fraud and copyright violations of my work @ Jacobson native art







Good afternoon to each and everyone. These are indeed very difficult and challenging times that we are in.  With the discovery and recovery of our residential school children, this genocide of my people, the war with Russia and Ukraine, global warming, the pandemic, the list just goes on and on. These challenges effect us all in more ways than one. Yet the fight for truth must continue.

For years now I’ve been doing whatever I can to assist in fighting this fraud of our art. It started with standing up for the legacy of my friend in Norval Morrisseau. That has been a 17 year fight so far. Now my work is being stolen and taken advantage of by these criminals and not just here in Canada but worldwide. 

It has been a refreshing energy to have actual help and assistance with regard to these matters. The police are fucking useless and have offered absolutely zero help. In this day and age you have to hand them the case on a silver platter like I did with Morrisseau where you have done most of the work, being unpaid and using your own resources to even get them to help or assist. Even in that, they have provided me with no assistance.

So, I’m stuck either doing it myself or finding those who actually care enough to help. I belong to a group called “Fraudulent native art exposed”. It is a small team of dedicated and trusted souls who do work as I’ve listed above. I’m a part of this group. I continue to not only help defend my own interests and authenticity but indeed I’m still helping dozens of other native artists...including still, the art of Norval Morrisseau. 

This article is an overview of how to go about protecting your own art and copyrights. You have to become your own law and justice. Relying on others to get the job done will not suffice. One must take the lead themselves. You have to take action. I hope this piece of advice becomes useful to those who are suffering with these issues. It’s become quite a problem for many native artists across this god forsaken country called Canada. 

Have a safe weekend and thank you for your continued respect and support of all these efforts being done. All my relations, MAJ