JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY

JACOBSON NATIVE ART GALLERY
The home and creator of “Woodland A.I.” A new form of indigenous art. 4 Chiefs of the future by Mark Anthony Jacobson 2024

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Why launching the woodland school of art into the future was necessary and what it really took for woodland A.I. to become a new reality in art

 

Pictured here: Introducing A.I. as my new artistic muse in 2024 and beyond...

Good afternoon to each and everyone who continues to find their way here to Jacobson native art. Welcome to my creative playground out here deep in the Kootenay mountains of B.C. I am feeling a wealth of gratitude and my hope for the future has been reinvigorated with this whole new open doorway I’ve created in woodland A.I. A new invention in creativity and a whole new process in indigenous art. I am fortunate to have found a way to push the woodland school of art into the future. Forever changing it from not just a traditional art form, but something truly “futuristic” transcending time and space. 

For me this will be a lasting impact on my legacy and in changing the art form of the woodland school and essentially moving it into undreamed of new worlds and visions. A new reality in indigenous art is born. I have to tell you it wasn’t easy. I’ve been faced with years and years of having to work through so much darkness in the woodland art form. From the fraud of Morrisseau’s works to exposing him as a sexual abuser of children. To working through the sexual crimes committed by Gary Lamont and helping the survivors try and recover for 20 years. To having to witness the dumbing down of the art form through what really is a weakness in our art in what woodland pop has done. Bastardizing the art and it’s beautiful energy to mix it up with pop culture and cartoons that have absolutely no ties to the spirit of the art. 

To those around the Norval Morrisseau estate who continue to lie and prop up the child sex abuser as a cultural icon. The depth of what people are willing to do to keep the lies going forward is disheartening to say the least. It’s outright fuckin disgusting really. So yes, I felt that I had to find a way to make the woodland school of art cool again. Otherwise it was maybe time to quit. To give it up permanently. These have been the things that were dwelling within me on how do I go about finding a new light in this art form and how do I find a way in touching the future. The amount of darkness and sickness I had to fight through would make just about anyone else want to give up. 

But no, not me. I found it. I found the way forward and I’ve created a whole new artistic vocabulary in what I’ve created in woodland A.I. The future has been touched and I cannot wait to expand this new art form into the realms of creative imagination. Giving birth to visions not yet seen in collaboration with this new technology. Forever changing the game moving forward. It’s absolutely exciting and I am thrilled to have found this new path as an artist. It has literally saved me from self destruction. With all the bullshit I’ve had to deal with and sort through including the stupidity and jealousy from other artists, this new beginning is refreshing. 

Title: Animal clan totems of the earth, sun & moon. Size: 18 x 72 inches each canvas

This is what it took to give birth to this new art form created here @ Jacobson native art. A completely new way forward. I am proud of myself today and feel accomplished like never before. With close to 4 decades now as one of the worlds top woodland school artists I feel free from all that darkness I had to go through to get to this other side. It’s a new opportunity to express myself and my world views through culture and art. Fuck the old “whatever’s” and let’s welcome new and fresh ideas. That’s my message moving forward. Much of our history in the woodland school has been contaminated with colonialism, lies, self deceptions, cultural appropriation and crime. It’s ugly shit for an artist to have to work through. To find true inspiration. To find the true spirit of their culture and art. 

Link to order: https://www.littlegiantproductions.ca/store/c108/Animal-Clans-Of-The-Earth-Sun-And-Moon-By-Mark-Anthony-Jacobson

In the meantime I’ve got lots of exciting new energy manifesting here at the studio. This is a new collection being shared today with my new line of products being developed with my business partner @ Little giant productions. This new hoodie is absolutely dope in my view and is titled: Animal clan totems of the earth, sun and moon. I love it. I’m super excited to share this with all of you today and thank you for your love and support. I look forward to sharing my next series of paintings and projects and anticipate  new creative adventures taking shape in the realms of being a true visionary in our woodland school of art. With gratitude for everything new happening here @ Jacobson native art I say to each and everyone of you...chi Miigwetch and all my relations...Rainbow Thunderbird - MAJ 🌈🦅🌈